Melanie Dement McKay
Melanie Dement McKay, 41, of Maumelle, died December 13, 2004 in Hot Springs.
A loving daughter of Bruce and Helen Dement of Keller, Texas, Melanie was born
in Fairfield, California, March 31, 1963 at Travis Air Force Base. She grew up
in Conroe, Texas and graduated from Conroe High School in 1981. She later
attended Southwest Texas State University and Texas A&M University. Melanie
had a great love for animals and shared a business with her husband Mike, caring
for and grooming animals in Little Rock.
In addition to her parents, survivors include husband Michael McKay of
Maumelle, step-sons Kristopher and Matthew McKay of Sherwood; sisters Darla Reed
and husband Mark of Southlake, Texas, and Colleen Harris and husband Donald of
Austin, Texas, and their families.
Memorial services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 18, in the
Chapel of Ruebel Funeral Home. Visitation will be 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Friday at
the Funeral Home. www.ruebelfuneralhome.com.
- I am so very sorry for your loss.
Tina L. Riffe
- Our thoughts are with you during your loss.
Mike and Lynn Knight
- Our most heart felt sympathies and condolences go out to Mike and all of
Melanie's family. Her memory will live forever in our hearts.
Tad & Jessica Reed
- We were so sorry to hear about Melanie. We remember her as a beautiful and
sweet young lady always smiling and never meeting a stranger. We will keep
all of you in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this sad time.
Especially to you, Bruce and Helen, we hope you can feel our love and
Garland and Mary Brunson
- Melanie touched my heart and I was a better person for having known her.
My love & sympathy goes out to all of those that are grieving her
passing... Her golden hair danced in the sun, just as her sunshine smile
filled my heart, rest in peace Melanie!
- Aunt Helen, Uncle Bruce, Darla and Colleen: Our greatest sympathies to you
all for your loss. You will be in our hearts and prayers.
Treva, Kyle and Kaylin Sanders
- We were truly saddened to hear of your loss. Know that our thoughts and
prayers are with you. God Bless you both in this time of sorrow. Our love.
Bruce B. and Nancy F. Benson
Corpus Christi, Texas
- My heartfelt love and sympathy is extended to those whose lives have been
touched and loved by Melanie. May God bless the family during this time with
a sense of peace and comfort that only comes through knowing the Lord.
Donna and Gary Kelley
- Helen and Bruce, we were so sorry to hear about Melanie. We know no words
can help at this sad time but we are thinking of you and grieving with you.
We just never expect to outlive our children and to have to go through this,
do we? We will be in touch later.
Bob and Joyce McDonald
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May you have quiet times when you
are feeling overwhelmed, peaceful feelings in the days ahead and the
soothing comfort of those who care.
- Shirley and Marvin Dement
- Mark and Jovita Dement
- I am so very sorry to hear about Melanie, I will always remember her as a
good friend who always had a smile on her face. My thoughts and prayers are
with all of you.
Laurie Brunson Novak
- Our deepest sympathy.
Mr. & Mrs. Gary Snoe
- Melanie was a classmate and good friend. I was saddened to learn of her
death. Please accept my deepest expression of sympathy. Although I have not
seen her in years, I will miss her.
- Melanie was a truly kind person. Her many friends from Conroe will miss
her very much. Our prayers are with her family.
David Winston Dunaway
- We are sad to hear of Melanie's passing. She was dear freind and classmate
at Conroe. She and her family in our prayers.
The Woodlands, Texas